About Me

My photo
I am Christian, a wifey and a mommy...but mostly I am just a big fat hairy nerd!

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Get a free online calorie counter, diet and exercise plan

Join/find me on Sparkpeople.com!

http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/register.asp?from=friend&ReferredBy=4463440

My username is HeyNowBNice

my sparkpage/more info about me:
http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage.asp

Counter

Labels

walking (116) elliptical (110) PM exercise (81) AM exercise (75) work (69) Turbo Jam Maximum Results (63) late post (61) sore muscles (55) 30 minutes (50) 20 minutes (46) 60 minutes (43) Quickfire Challenge (QFC) (42) beyond exhausted (39) twice a day (35) blessings (34) exercising with Logan (33) tired (33) 20 minute workout (32) sick (28) 25 minutes (24) 48 minutes (24) squats (24) 28 minutes (23) Wii Fit (23) 15 minutes (22) 43 minutes (22) 45 minutes (22) Burn It Up (22) Chalene Johnson (21) EA Sports Active (21) jillian michaels (20) 30 day shred Level 1 (19) 40 minutes (19) measurements (19) sparkpeople.com (19) 10 minutes (18) Cardio Party (18) Ramp It Up (18) early (18) pictures (18) strength training (18) HOT (17) 10K+ steps (15) biceps (15) HRM (13) WOWY (13) lunges (13) 19 minutes (12) 30 day shred Level 3 (12) Phil 4:13 (12) Slim in 6 (12) Slim and 6pack (11) procrastinating (11) 30 day shred Level 2 (10) 35 minutes (10) Slim and Limber (10) The Firm 3-in-1 Cardio Sculpt (10) shoulders (10) EA Sports Active 2 (9) injury (9) start it up (9) 50 minutes (8) 80 minutes (8) 85 minutes (8) 90 minutes (8) Punch Kick and Jam (8) Turbo Sculpt (8) achy (8) beachbody (8) exhausted (8) lazy (8) running (8) Be Anxious For Nothing (7) Dance Dance Revolution (7) push ups (7) 14 minutes (6) 39 minutes (6) 5# weights (6) 56 minutes (6) 70 minutes (6) birthday (6) frustrated (6) gaining weight (6) school (6) sick kids (6) yoga (6) 120 minutes (5) 150 minutes (5) 53 minutes (5) 65 minutes (5) free weights (5) stairs (5) stress (5) 11 minutes (4) 16 minutes (4) 18 minutes (4) 26 minutes (4) 32 minutes (4) 3x a day (4) 75 minutes (4) God is faithful (4) Netflix (4) The Biggest Loser Workout (4) Wii (4) back/bicep (4) chest/tricep (4) dumbbell (4) late night (4) mommy brain (4) recipe (4) static holds (4) tricep day (4) 12 minutes (3) 17 minutes (3) 22 minutes (3) 23 minutes (3) 24 minutes (3) 27 minutes (3) 33 minutes (3) 36 minutes (3) 5 minutes (3) 54 minutes (3) 55 minutes (3) 62 minutes (3) Learn and Burn (3) back (3) gym (3) phil 4:4-7 (3) turbo jam 20 minute workout (3) 105 minutes (2) 108 minutes (2) 29 minutes (2) 2lb weights (2) 31 minutes (2) 44 minutes (2) 46 minutes (2) 63 minutes (2) 66 minutes (2) 8 minutes (2) 92 minutes (2) 94 minutes (2) TBLW Low Intensity (2) The Biggest Loser Wii (2) The Firm 3-in-1 Ab Sculpt (2) The Firm 3-in-1 Body Sculpt (2) exercising with Matthew (2) fear (2) 1 Chronicles 28:10 (1) 100 minutes (1) 104 minutes (1) 110 minutes (1) 116 minutes (1) 132 minutes (1) 188 minutes (1) 21 minutes (1) 34 minutes (1) 41 minutes (1) 42 minutes (1) 52 minutes (1) 5813 steps (1) 71 minutes (1) 72 minutes (1) 73 minutes (1) 76 minutes (1) 84 minutes (1) 86 minutes (1) 98 minutes (1) Adele (1) James 2:17 (1) Luke 6:45 (1) Psalm 119:105 (1) TBL work contest (1) Turbo Jam (1) excuses (1) exercising with Jana (1) failed miserably (1) faith (1) family in the hospital (1) fell asleep during w/o (1) introduction (1) swimming (1) yard work (1)

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Day 49 (day 7 / week 7)

I can't believe it! I got up early to exercise, and was able to! I got up at 5:20am and started exercising at 6am. I could never understand why I can exercise in the afternoon, and not first thing in the morning, and I think it has to do something with not giving my knees a chance to wake up (lol). Today may prove my theory on this, or maybe the glucosamine is just starting to work--who knows, but I am very happy to get this out of the way. Free! Yaay!

Today I did "Burn It Up!" and I think that this afternoon I might do the Slim & Limber and Slim & 6pack during Logan's nap. I am going to add it to my labels, and if I don't do them, then I will delete them so that I don't add that up at the end of the year (yes, I plan to add up the minutes, and inches lost and number of times that I do each video). I have been updating my labels lately, and will be changing some stuff around on my blog, so it looks a little different.

Yesterday, after I posted for the day, I did go do Slim & 6pack like I said I would, and was very happy that I did.

Tomorrow will be the start of 8 weeks of exercising in a row, and I am noticing changes in my eating habits. Since I started exercising, I haven't changed what I have been eating so much (I never ate poorly to begin with), but now I see that starting to change (when eating out). Things that used to sound really good to me, don't anymore (like a Whopper with cheese, or a Quarter Pounder with cheese, french fries, etc). Last night we went to Burger King, and I had a Tendergrill Chicken Garden Salad with Light Italian dressing, and 2 of those new Burger Shots. All of this was only 580 calories (according to sparkpeople). I also finished off my son's apple fries, since he wasn't going to so maybe add 25 calories to that. The burger that my hubby got (BK Steakhouse Burger) had 950 calories! Just the sandwich itself! Brace yourselves...he ate 2! My body just wont let me eat like that anymore (not that I have ever eaten 2 steakhouse burgers before lol). When I eat large amounts of food, or really greasy foods (like french fries now), I feel really icky, and I totally think this is because I am exercising. My body doesn't want it anymore. This makes me happy :).

My hubby bought me this book maybe 2 weeks ago at Costco, called Eat This, Not That! and it's been really fun to read! I bring it along with me if we are going to eat out, and I have been learning a lot. I don't eat everything it suggests, but I really like the tips that it gives...eg:

Grill flavor is an ingredient in some Burger King items, like the TENDERGRILL Chicken Sancwich and the breakfast sausage. The "flavor" is actually partially hydrogenated soybean oil.
I ate that salad, knowing this fully well, and was going to wipe the chicken off, but figured--eh, whatever (it's already included in their nutritional values).

I think you guys would really enjoy this book. David Zinczenko also wrote a similar book but for grocery store foods. :) (there is a little sample section in this book as well).

Well off to wake Logan up!

Hope everyone has a happy hump day and a great workout! It feels great, doesn't it??

I can do this. I am a star!

4 comments:

ღ Destiny ღ said...

I have looked up the Eat this not That book. I want to get it, but haven't yet. I have noticed a change in my eating patterns. I still want french fries and other greasy not so healthy foods, but I don't want to eat as much anymore. How are your knees today? I was wondering that maybe in the morning they are cold and that's whyt hey hurt and by the afternoon they are warmed up adn that's why it doesnt hurt (or is less pain)? Have you thought about stretching your legs and maybe even rubbing them and some light walking or jogging around the living room a few minutes before exercising? Just a thought. :) I updated my blog! Have a good day!

Miriam the Mommy said...

I have been occasionally looking in on your quest, and I'm quite inspired. You and I are blessed (ahem) with very similar weight and measurements... Anyway, someone just loaned me "Slim in 6" and I just finished Start It Up... and my knees were killing me! So I thought of you. :)

I'd really, really like to lose 15 pounds between now and Passover (it's in 8 weeks) so there's hope! Anyway, thanks for the boost, and best of luck!

Melissa Henning said...

Miriam, I am so excited for you, that you are going to do Slim in 6! I didn't lose much weight, but I lost a ton of inches and my face looks thinner. It's a tough workout, but if you do it like it's planned (Start it up--getting used to the moves, Ramp it up--2 weeks, Burn it up--3 weeks) then you will definitely see results! Ramp it up and Burn it up are lengthy, so try not to watch the clock or the dots and time will fly by for you :).

I started taking glucosamine for my knees cause they really hurt and popped a lot with Slim in 6. On average it takes 6 weeks to see a difference taking it, so I don't see anything that great yet. I will say that it gets easier though (the lunges and squats with the knees). Just watch your knee position, don't give up and push through it! Debbie Siebers is awesome! Good luck! You can do it! You are a star! :)

Miriam the Mommy said...

Right now (after doing Start It Up the second time) I am a SORE star, but I appreciate it nonetheless!

I mentioned you in the blog I'm doing on this goal, if you want to add something else to your press clippings. :) http://shamingmyselfintobetterhealth.blogspot.com/