Man, I'm sore. Have I mentioned lately how much I have missed Gym and heart him? I'm sore, and my hubby is probably tired of hearing about it, but I love it! I also started bringing my notebook with me too, so that I could track everything again. Gym kicked my butt and I can't wait for it to happen again! I look forward to it :).
A long time ago I had learned that when you strength train, you should work antagonistic muscles, if you are training often, so that you don't cause too much drama too your muscles. So because I do everything people tell me to (j/k), that means I work chest/tricep one day, back/bicep one day, then legs, then shoulders, and then abs (I'm sure I don't need to do all of those separate days, but I used to go to the gym literally everyday, so that's how I did it back then). I try to give 72 hours in between each muscle group worked, so that I don't hurt myself. It all makes sense in my brain (doesn't say much lol) so I started doing it again, now, just as I did it once upon a time when I used to practically live with Gym. It worked for me then, so here's to hoping it will work again.
This last Saturday, was Chest/Tricep day. My favorite. I worked so hard, my arms are still sore. I made the mistake of training triceps first, so I wasn't able to get a great chest workout. My triceps were just way too fatigued. I learned my lesson, and switched things up on Sunday, during Back/Bicep day.
Saturday: 1hr 40 mins @ the gymI didn't do a lot of cardio on Sunday, but whatever. I don't care. At least I'm getting to the gym. I figure if I put too many rules on it, that might be a bad thing, at least this early into my new fitness goals/journey. It is all probably more info than anyone would ever want to know, but that's what I did, and how my brain sees the gym, and maybe it will benefit someone one day. These numbers help me to determine what to do each time, and I guess it keeps the gym interesting when there is such great potential for it to not be interesting.
Start-Precor Elliptical 16 mins, resistance 1, cross ramp 10
- Machine Inclined Chest Press, 3 sets/15 reps, 30lbs (rpe 4-5)
- Chest Press (machine), 3 sets/15 reps, 35lbs (rpe 4-5)
- Tricep Overhead Extension (machine), 3/15, 20lbs (rpe 4-5)
- Seated Peck Deck (machine), 3/10, 20lbs, (rpe 6-7)
- Tricep Pull Down (Free Motion Machine) Supine grip, 3/15, 10lbs (rpe 4)
- Tricep Pull Down (Free Motion Machine) Prone grip, 3/15, 10lbs (rpe 4-5)
- Tricep Pull Down--with bar (machine), 3/10, 20lbs (rpe 4-5/5-6 in the end)
End- 16 mins, Stair Mill, level 5.
calories burned according to HRM: 457
Sunday: Back/Bicep day, 1 hour
Start- Precor Elliptical 5 mins (ear phones kept falling out--got annoyed and stopped)
- Lat Pull Down (narrow grip), 3/15, 60lbs (RPE 5)
- Lat Pull Down (wide grip), 3/15, 60lbs (RPE 4-5)
- Deltoid Row (lower grip focusing on back), 3/12, 40lbs (rpe 4)
- Bicep Curl (machine), 3/10, 20lbs (rpe 5)
- Erector Spinae machine 3/15-12 (kind of pyramid training w/ weights) 50-80lbs (rpe 3, 3-4, 4-5)
- Arm Curl (overhead/machine) 3/10, 25lbs (rpe 5)
- Seated Bicep Curl (free weights) 10lbs (wrists really hurt doing these):
- Bicep Curl, 25lb bar, 3/10, (rpe 4-5)
- hammer curls, 10reps, rpe 4-5
- alt supine, 20 reps, rpe 5
- hammer curls 10 reps, rpe 5 (b/c of wrist)
Calories burned according to HRM: 214
I would love to fit into the pants that I wore once upon a time (yes, I still have them), so I don't care how crazy I look/sound. lol.
Have I mentioned that the Monkey Boy loves gym too? When I don't feel like going, he urges me and says (in his little 3 year old voice), "You exercise at gym today? Let's go to my gym now." How awesome is my 3 year old support system? He doesn't even know how awesome he is for his mama ((heart swell)) (is that a God thing, or what?).
I work the next few days, but plan to hit the gym after work. We will see how that goes though. lol.
Hope y'all had a good weekend and have a great week!
If I can do this (being a fat girl) anyone can do this!
I can do this. I am a star!